Monday 6 October 2014

Vanilla Cupcakes

     

I love baking and i try and do it as often as possible.Cupcakes are my favourite to bake as you can experiment as much as you like and be creative.

I thought I would share with you my Vanilla cupcake recipe and if you want any other flavours feel free to comment !

Ingredients : Makes 12 cupcakes (depending on case size )


      Cake mix :

      170g butter
      170g caster sugar 
       3  medium eggs
      170g self raising flour 
      1 tbsp vanilla extract 

                             


     Buttercream icing :

     700g icing sugar
     300g butter
     1 teaspoon vanilla 
      Edible decorations off your  choice (I used gold glitter and some Dr.Oetker decorations )

        


Method :

1.place butter and sugar into a mixer and then  Gradually add the eggs one at a time 
2.add in the flour and vanilla extract and mix for a few minutes
3.line your cake tin with cases of your choice 
4.fill the cases with cake batter I use a ice cream scoop
5. Place in the oven on 160 fan for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven


6.once the cakes are cooked place on a baking wire to cool

Buttercream icing :

1. Sift the icing sugar into the mixer and add the butter,vanilla extract.whisk for a few minutes and add more ingredients if needed 

2.pipe the icing onto the cake with a piping bag and a nozzle.you can also spread the icing onto the cake do what ever you feel happy with 

3.decorate your cupcake until your hearts content 

4. Now you've got 12 delicious master pieces to share with your friends and family or save all for yourself :) 


If you'd like more baking blogs be sure to leave me a comment or follow my twitter @carlaslifex


Love carla x




No comments:

Post a Comment