Monday 8 September 2014

Afternoon Tea

I love afternoon tea and whats even greater is that we were on a boat on the Thames,so whilst we were enjoying our miniature macaroons we had a great view outside too.

It was such a beautiful Sunday,the sun was shining and the birds were singing......



The boat was set out really nice and after everyone was seated the staff came round and offered tea or coffee,other refreshments were also available.

Then they came round each table with the food stands,it all looked so cute and I wish I had taken more pictures but we were too excited to tuck in.

We had a selection of sandwiches from cheese and pickle to smoked salmon and cream cheese.I am personally a huge  sweet person so I was waiting for the next tier which was an assortment of miniature desserts - macaroons,choux pastry treats.

Then on the top was the scones which make the afternoon tea and they were served with jam and clotted cream yummy !
I adored how everything was  laid out super nice and the food was miniature.




We had an hour and a half on the cruise so once we had finished eating out tea,we decided to head up stairs and have a look at our surroundings.It was amazing as we got to see so much of Londons architect as shown in some of my pictures we saw the shard which is indeed very high,tower and London bridge and we went past the London eye.

I had a great day with my family and it will be a day to remember.We booked with city cruises and I highly recommend the trip.


Whats your favorite thing about Afternoon tea ?

Love Carla x

2 comments:

  1. I've never had high tea before but that looks like a really great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing and such a lovely day to spend with family and friends and eating yummy food !

    ReplyDelete