Monday 15 September 2014

How To update your Room ?



Every now and then I get bored of my room and  it would be super expensive to decorate the whole room, so here is a few ways  I updated my room to keep me happy and change into Autumn ......


1. Get rid of your stuff  - Go through all of your things and decided what you really need in your room.Be honest and think do i really need this ? Give some things to charity or younger relatives .Ebay is a good place to sell some of your clothes.You'll be surprised how much space this gives you!

2.Update your furniture - Do you  need a new bed ,wardrobes or cabinets ? You don't always need to buy new furniture,painting them is a cheaper alternative 

3.Change your bedding - Get a new comforter and duvet set this will make a big difference to your room,you can stay with  a colour scheme or go as crazy as you like 
                         


4.Get some throw pillows - Pillows can change your whole room , I decided to go for a gold and grey scheme

5.Get some lighting - IKEA do some really cool lights/lamps and they are a reasonable price too which is a  bonus.Having a bedside lamp will make the atmosphere super cosy 
                               
    


6.Update your wall decor - I think mirrors are great and they can also make the room look bigger.Add some picture frames or why not make your own photo wall.Pinterest is awesome for inspiration 
                       

7.Add personal touches - This is my favourite autumn Candle,candles make a relaxed atmosphere and smell great too.

                                

What do you like best about your bedroom ?
I love my bed it's so cosy and inviting 

Love Carla x

2 comments:

  1. love this post! i love interior design! i'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/lynette-makeup.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for your comment ,feel free to follow my twitter @carlaslifex :) xx

    ReplyDelete